Solar Water Heating & Heat Pump Courses
The Solar Water Heating and Heat Pump Courses are 4 day Theoretical and Practical courses. You will perform a series of different work under the supervision of our highly trained and competent Assessors during solar and heat pump courses. This course enables you to perform all tasks a plumber needs to install and maintain solar water heating systems and Heat pumps in general.
This course does not make you a qualified plumber.
The Following Areas are addressed in the solar and heat pump courses
- Understand solar energy as a source of heat.
- Solar energy and its uses in domestic water heating are explained.
- The basics of solar water heating and its applications are described.
- Conventional water heating and the differences to solar water heating are described.
- The benefits and risks associated with solar water heating are explained.
- The types of solar water heaters are listed and described.
- Prepare and plan for the installation of solar water heating systems.
- Cold and hot water pipe systems used in solar water heating are identified and selected according to purpose required.
- Solar heating components are identified and selected according to drawings and specification requirements.
- Solar heating systems and reticulation are sized according to project requirements.
- The location, orientation and positioning of solar heating components are described according to roof structural capabilities, maximisation of energy source, and proximity to water supply.
- The effects of harsh climatic conditions are described and adaptations are identified.
- The effects of water quality on solar water heaters are described.
- The uses and applications of solar heating components are described.
- Install solar water heating components, pipes and fittings.
- Solar heating components are assembled using pipe fittings.
- Solar heating systems are installed for a variety of roof types.
- Heat transfer fluids are used to fill solar collectors and cylinder heat exchange jackets according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Solar water heating systems are pressure tested according to specifications.
- Solar water heating systems are started-up and commissioned according to established procedures, and handed-over.
- Electrical connections are made according to specification.
- Maintain solar water heating components, pipes and fittings.
- Solar heating systems faults are identified and their causes explained.
- Solar heating faults are repaired in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and industry codes of practice.
- Defective components are identified and replaced.
- Solar heating systems are inspected and tested in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and industry codes of practice.
- Solar heating systems are maintained in accordance with warranty conditions and industry codes of practice.
Solar Geyser and Heat Pump Installation Course
- 11 Oct – 16 Oct 2018
- 06 Dec – 11 Dec 2018
- 24 Jan – 29 Jan 2019
- 28 Feb – 5 March 2019
- 11 April – 16 April 2019
- 06 June – 11 June 2019
- 22 Aug – 27 Aug 2019
- 10 Oct – 15 Oct 2019
- 28 Nov – 3 Dec 2019
If you would like to find out more about Solar Water Heating and Heat Pump Courses, please contact us!